Public Spaces Protection Order - Dog Control
A Public Spaces Protection Order (PSPO) is a way of controlling certain specified anti-social behaviours that have taken place in particular public areas.
Our new Dog Control PSPO is aimed specifically at the behaviour of dogs and their owners. The PSPO has created five new offences across Dacorum. These offences are:
- Failure to remove your dog’s poo
- Failing to remove your dog’s poo at the request of an authorised officer
- Failing to carry a poo bag or other means to clean up after your dog
- Failing to put your dog on a lead at the request of an authorised officer
- Failure to keep your dog out of a fenced-off play area or keep it three metres away from any play equipment.
If you fail to comply with the PSPO then you could face a Fixed Penalty Notice fine or prosecution.
For further information on the Dog Control PSPO, please read our Public Spaces Protection Order (Dog Control) leaflet (PDF 3.2MB)
You can view a copy of the full Dog Control PSPO on our Public Spaces Protection Orders page.
If you have any further questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.