Warning signCoronavirus (COVID-19): The Forum in Hemel Hempstead and civic offices in Tring and Berkhamsted are now closed to the public. Our online services remain available and we urge customers to use this facility. If your enquiry cannot be answered via our website, please email customer.services@dacorum.gov.uk or call 01442 228000. Please only contact us for essential/urgent enquiries. For council service updates and other advice, please see our COVID-19 page×

Moving home or changing your name?

If you're moving home, or are changing your address or name, here's how to let us know:

Moving home

You need to tell us about the change separately for different services, because there are restrictions on how we can use certain information.

Council tax

Let us know straight away if you're moving home (either within or out of the borough) so you pay the right amount of Council Tax.

Register for Council Tax


To be able to cast your vote in elections and referendums, you'll need to register to vote.

Register to vote

More information

You can also find links to information on when your bins are collected, updating and applying for housing benefit, applying for resident parking permits and more through the Welcome to Dacorum page.

Welcome to Dacorum

Changing your name

If you would like to tell us that your name has changed - for example, through marriage, deed poll or separation - please download and complete our  Change of name or address form (PDF 505KB).

Once you have completed the form, save and attach to an email with scans or photos of any evidence required to show your change, and send to changeofcircs@dacorum.gov.uk

Please note: we may need to contact you to confirm your details, ask for more information or to request more evidence.

Applying for an address for a new property

To apply for an address for a new property, or to change the name or add a name to your existing address, please go to our street naming and numbering page.