From today (Sunday 20 December 2020) the whole of Hertfordshire, including Dacorum, has moved into coronavirus Tier 4 (Stay at Home) restrictions.
You must follow the rules below. This means that you cannot meet other people indoors, including over the Christmas period, unless you live with them, or they are part of your existing support bubble. Outdoors, you can only meet one person from another
Please remember to follow the guidance on washing your hands, covering your face and keeping two metres apart. As you spend more time indoors, you should also ventilate your home regularly to allow virus particles out and let fresh air in.
The new restrictions include the following:
- You cannot join or form a Christmas bubble
- Meeting family and friends - no household mixing, aside from support bubbles, and two people meeting in public outdoor spaces
- You must not stay overnight away from home. Limited exceptions apply
- Bars, pubs and restaurants - hospitality is closed, aside from sales by takeaway, drive-through or delivery
- Retail - essential shops can open. Non-essential retail must close and can only open for click and collect and delivery
- Work and business - everyone must work from home unless they are unable to do so
- Indoor leisure, entertainment and personal care are closed
- Travelling - you must stay at home and only travel for work, education or other legally permitted reasons. If you must travel you should stay local and reduce the number of journeys you make.
For full details of what you can and can't do in Tier 4, please see the Government website.